The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn.
- On Thursday I wrapped up July.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson.
- On Wednesday I review The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich.
- On Thursday I have thoughts about Harry Potter.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner and reread The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough. Right now, I’m reading So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- I’ve read (and reread) some really good books lately.
- Thunderstorms. It stupidly hot here, so I’m thrilled when storms show up and cool stuff down. Heat turns me into a raving psycho bitch. I’m definitely an autumn/winter person.
- Writing my July wrap-up. Mostly, I like sorting through my zillion photos and deciding which ones to show you.
- Binge-watching The Great British Bake Off. That show makes me want to bake pretentious French desserts. Unfortunately, I’m a terrible baker, and I live at high altitude, so I’d just make pretentious French messes.
- I wrote a short story called “We Stayed Silent.” It’s about death, teenagers, and small towns. You know, all the important stuff. You can read it here. I promise it’s short.
|*Not my photo.* It just goes with the story.|
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!