The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed There Once Lived A Mother Who Loved Her Children, Until They Moved Back In: Three Novellas About Family by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya.
- On Wednesday I reviewed The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick.
- On Thursday I whined about how rereading ruins everything.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein.
- On Wednesday I review Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
- On Thursday I do the This Or That book tag.
- On Saturday there might be a book haul. I plan on acquiring books.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and read The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. Right now, I’m reading Cold Summer by Gwen Cole.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- I started training for a half marathon. That’s a sentence I never thought I’d type. My first week of training was pretty easy, but I know I’m going to regret this in a few weeks.
- My sunflower plants actually have flowers now! Suck it, squirrels. Most of the plants got destroyed by squirrels, but a few survived. Grow survivors, grow!
- I started doing a massive book clear-out because my shelves are overflowing. This means I’ll have shelf space and lots of credits at the used bookstore. Then I can get more books. The never-ending cycle continues.
- I won a giveaway! I get a new book, and I’m pumped.
- So much Game of Thrones. I re-watched seasons 4, 5, and 6. Bring on 7. I’m ready for it. If you love GoT, you should watch Kit Harington (he plays Jon Snow) audition for ALL the roles. I promise it's hilarious: