The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
I hope all my American and Canadian friends are enjoying their holidays. Remember to light the fireworks before you get drunk, okay?
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I mini reviewed some poetry collections.
- On Tuesday I showed you the best books I’ve read so far this year.
- On Wednesday I reviewed A Manual for Cleaning Women: Selected Stories by Lucia Berlin.
- On Saturday there was a book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins.
- On Wednesday I review The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson.
- On Thursday I wrap up June.
- On Saturday I show you even more new books. (I got way too many new books. Don’t judge me.)
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks and then read Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn. Right now, I’m reading Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Hiking trip! I’ll show you photos in my wrap up.
- My dogs loved the hiking trip. I was worried about them because they’re both elderly, but they’ll still happily climb mountains with me.
- After murdering and eating most of my sunflowers, the squirrels seem to be leaving the traumatized survivors alone. Or, maybe the squirrels are just embarrassed to be seen with me. Every time I find a squirrel in the garden, I run at it while screaming bad words. It’s not pretty.
- New books.
- It’s a holiday week. I’m hoping everything will be chill so I can get lots of reading done.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!