Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Sunday Post #13


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.


On The Blog Last Week




On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review the entire Dark Tower series by Stephen King.
  • On Tuesday I have the lamest top ten list ever.
  • On Wednesday I review The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart.
  • On Thursday I wrap up July.
  • On Saturday I show you part 6 of The Book Haul to End All Book Hauls.



In My Blogging Life


More blogging milestones! The blog hit 10,000 pageviews, and I posted my 200th post. I wanted my 200th to be something intelligent and insightful, but intelligent, insightful things don’t happen on this blog. My 200th post was this one.


In My Reading Life


For some reason, it took me almost a week to finish Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Now I’m reading The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick. Next is 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger.


In The Rest Of My Life


I officially graduated from the Publishing Certificate program at Western State Colorado University. I actually finished my work in May, but graduation wasn’t until the end of July. I’m so happy to be officially done. Now I can just focus on my master’s degree. If you’re considering doing two graduate-level English programs at the same time, DON’T DO IT! My last semester of the publishing program overlapped with my first semester of my master’s program, and it was hellish. Learn from my mistakes and don’t attend two different universities at the same time.

On a more positive note, the school did give me this fancy pen for my graduation:





In Other News


Something cool is happening over at Feed Your Fiction Addiction. There’s a linky and giveaway for July wrap-up posts. If you’re doing a July wrap-up, make sure you add it to the list.


I hope you had a great week. I’ll see you around the bookish blogosphere. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you had a pretty amazing week! Congratulations on reaching your blogging milestones, and graduating from your course!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY on the blogging milestones. It took me a while to read Wild as well. Congrats on you graduation and the fancy pen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! Sounds like in real life and the blogging life...you are doing fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pen! :P And congrats on your blogging milestones! I should go see what my 200th post was... It was probably dumb. Have a great week! :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to go check out your dream ARC post. Sounds like a fun one! Have a great week!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your blog milestone and your certificate... a big week for you!

    Keen to read your review on The Dark Tower series as someone was just talking about it the other day and I couldn't recall it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books coming up, Aj! I have 5 to 1, too, I have no idea why I haven't read it yet, it was one of my WoW picks a while back, and I was so excited about it. Somehow, it still got put on the backburner.
    Congrats on your degree, even if you still have to work on your MA. When I finished my BA last year, I just wanted to be all finished. My MA classes have been pretty interesting so far, though, and I hope yours will be as well!
    Have a fantastic week and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete