Friday, January 3, 2014

Catching Fire



I’ve been a huge Hunger Games fan ever since the first book came out.  When I heard that the books were going to be made in to movies, I got a little nervous because good books do not always make good movies.  However, I loved the first movie.  It followed the book as well as a movie could.  It had all the intensity that I wanted, and I really liked being able to get out of Katniss’ head and see the Games control room.

Honestly, I didn’t like the Catching Fire book as much as The Hunger Games book.  I thought that the beginning was rushed and the rest was too similar to Hunger Games.  (It was Hunger Games All Stars, if you haven’t read it).  I was surprised that I liked the Catching Fire movie more than The Hunger Games movie.  Like the book, I thought that the beginning was rushed, but the world building in the movie was awesome.  In addition to The Hunger Games All Stars, we get to see the revolution starting and how Katniss’ role in her world has changed.  I also appreciated the satirizing of our celebrity-obsessed culture, especially our celebrity-wedding-and-celebrity-baby-obsessed culture.

Even though Mockingjay was my least favorite of the three books, I’m looking forward to the next two movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment